2021 creative art competition for Australian primary schools
- 4th February - 16th April 2021
2021 creative art competition
We love making new discoveries about the brain and want to share our enthusiasm for brain research with children so they too can become intrigued by how the brain works. That’s why we hold an annual creative art competition for Australian primary schools.
2021 competition theme – ‘My brain helps me to…’
Show us how your brain helps you by creating an artwork for our art competition. Your artwork must be inspired by our theme ‘My brain helps me to…’ and fit on an A4-size paper. You can use pens, pencil, crayon, textas or paint.
Who can enter?
Any child attending an Australian primary school or is homeschooled can enter this competition. Students can enter individually or as part of a combined school effort. The competition is judged in three categories:
- Category 1: Foundation (Prep) and Year 1
- Category 2: Years 2 – 4
- Category 3: Years 5 – 6
Great prizes for students and schools
A 1st, 2nd, and 3rd prize winner will be selected from each category by a panel of judges.
Each winning student will receive a special brain science prize pack.
Each winner’s school will receive:
- a brain science resource pack
- a voucher to purchase teaching resources ($1000 for 1st, $500 for 2nd and $250 for 3rd prize winners)
- the first-place winning school from each category will receive a special school visit or an online presentation by one or two of our brain researchers to present the prizes and deliver an age-appropriate interactive educational lesson about the brain to the winner’s class.
How to enter
Send hard copies of artworks to:
Brain Function CoE Art Competition
Monash Biomedical Imaging
770 Blackburn Road
Clayton, VIC 3800
Or email high-resolution scans (not photographs) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
You must include the following on the back of the artwork or in the email in clear writing:
- Student’s name
- Student’s age
- Student’s class
- Name of school
- School contact (name and email address of teacher or Principal).
CLOSING DATE: 16 April 2021
This competition overlaps with Brain Awareness Week (15-21 March 2021), a global campaign to increase public awareness about brain research.
Artwork will not be returned. For more details about this competition visit our full terms and conditions page.
For questions or more information about the competition email email@example.com