Introduction to Neuroinformatics — International Neuroinformatics Coordinating Facility short course 2015
- 17-18th August 2015
Pullman Cairns International, Cairns
- Free (and you get free registration to INCF too!)
The International Neuroinformatics Coordinating Facility (INCF) is running a two-day course, providing both an introduction and overview of neuroinformatics by leading experts. The course is held before the INCF Neuroinformatics Congress.
Who should attend
The course is suitable for neuroscience researchers wishing to develop their interests in neuroinformatics, as well as informatics researchers with a strong interest in neuroscience. A prerequisite for attending the course is a basic knowledge of neuroscience. The course is open to advanced students, postdoctoral researchers, and faculty members.
Student and postdoc attendees will have their congress registration waived. Other attendees will receive a 20% discount.
- data analysis and neuronal coding
- databases and ontologies
- multiscale modeling
- David Willshaw (Edinburgh, UK)
- Jonathan Tapson (Sydney, Australia)
- Jonathan Victor (New York, USA)
- Barry Richmond (Washington DC, USA)
- Gaute Einevoll (Ås, Norway)
- Ignacio Arganda-Carreras (Paris, France)
- Marja-Leena Linne (Tampere, Finland)
- Olivier Salvado (Clayton, Australia)
- Bruno Averbeck (Bethesda, USA)
- Jeff Grethe (San Diego, USA)
Course materials and refreshments provided. There will be a course dinner for all participants and lecturers at the end of the first day.