4th International conference on medical bionics – convergence science delivering clinical solutions
- 20-23rd November 2016
University of Queensland, Brisbane
The Bionics Institute’s 2016 conference brings together researchers, engineers, clinicians, and industry representatives working in the field of medical bionics to develop novel solutions for today’s health challenges.
This multidisciplinary conference will explore the following themes:
- Overview of medical bionics design, development and commercialisation
- The electrode-tissue interface: smart materials and drug delivery techniques
- Bioelectronics: neuromodulation of visceral nerves for therapeutic intervention
- Bionic hearing: improved hearing technology
- Bionic vision: retinal prosthesis
- Bionic vision: retinal and CNS prosthesis
- Neurobionics: neural interfaces for the CNS – recording technologies
- Neurobionics: neural interfaces for the CNS – neuromodulation
- Enabling technologies
- Blue sky research
The conference will be held on campus at the University of Queensland.