Women in World Neuroscience: IBRO2015
- 7th July 2015
Sulamerica Convention Center, Rio De Janeiro.
- Free for IBRO2015 registrants
Women in World Neuroscience: Functional approaches to increase collaborations and strengthen research networks.
This satellite meeting of the 9th World Congress of the International Brain Research Organization is free to IBRO2015 registrants.
- Dr Emmeline Edwards – Federal funding opportunities for international collaborations and fellowships
- Dr Orly Weinreb – Funding opportunities from private foundations and advocacy groups
- Dr Eliane Volchan – Promoting awareness of implicit evaluation bias
- Dr Martha I Dávila-García – Successful grant writing strategies
Mentoring and Networking Circles:
Dr Emmeline Edwards will present on the latest activities of the IBRO-WWN committee. Attendees will then join WWN member-led mentoring circles on the following themes:
- Building a lab on a small budget
- Establishing fruitful collaborations
- The art of negotiation
- Building consensus
- Work/life balance
- Developing a successful research team
- Awareness and counteraction on gender implicit bias.